2nd Annual No-reta No-vember No-Hunger Food Drive
Our first food drive at Noreta Family Medicine last year was so successful that we decided to bring it back again in 2023! We are pleased to have partnered with Harvest Hope again this year to collect both food and monetary donations to help our Midlands neighbors. The drive is running from Nov. 1-Nov. 30 and everyone is invited to participate, regardless of whether you have a connection to Noreta or not.
Harvest Hope runs many programs including emergency and mobile food pantries, and child and senior feeding programs. They also distribute food by working with many partner agencies throughout South Carolina. For every $1 donated to them, 97.3% goes towards feeding those who are hungry.
- $1000 in donations
- 1 boxful of food items
There are 2 ways to donate:
- CLICK HERE to make a monetary donation online. Any amount will make a difference!
- You can drop off non-perishable food items in the collection box that is inside the front door at the office. Need ideas? Consider donating these most in-need items:
- 1 lb. bags of rice
- Macaroni and cheese
- 1 lb. boxes of pasta
- Peanut butter
- 1 lb. bags of dried beans
- Canned vegetables
- Ramen noodles
- Canned fruits
- Boxed single serving breakfast items (oatmeal, granola bars, grits)
- Canned chicken or tuna
- Single serve pop-top canned meals (like Chef Boyardee, mac and cheese, or beef stew)
- Canned beans
- Baby supplies (diapers, wipes, formula, foods- no jars
Melissa Boylan MD, FAAFP
Family Physician and Owner of Noreta Family Medicine