Noreta’s No Hunger November Food Drive
I have been wanting to do a project that would help the Midlands community for a while now, and I’m happy to partner with Harvest Hope Food Bank for Noreta’s first community project! Food is one of our basic needs, and although I talk to patients about eating less of it, there are certainly people in the Midlands community who go without. Harvest Hope is South Carolina’s main food bank and has programs such as Emergency Food Pantries, Mobile Food Pantries, Partner Agencies, Child Feeding, and Senior Feeding Programs. For every $1 donated to them, 97.3% goes towards feeding those who are hungry.
Noreta is collecting donations from Nov. 1 to Nov. 30. The goal is $1000 in donations and 1 boxful of food items. There are two ways to donate:
1) CLICK HERE to make a monetary donation online. Any amount will make a difference for folks in and around the Columbia, SC area.
2) You can drop off your non-perishable food items in the collection box that is right inside the front door of the office. The most in-need items are:
- 1 lb. bags of rice
- Macaroni and cheese
- 1 lb. boxes of pasta
- Peanut butter
- 1 lb. bags of dried beans
- Canned vegetables
- Ramen noodles
- Canned fruits
- Boxed single serving breakfast items (oatmeal, granola bars, grits)
- Canned chicken or tuna
- Single serve pop-top canned meals (like Chef Boyardee, mac and cheese, or beef stew)
- Canned beans
- Baby supplies (diapers, wipes, formula, foods- no jars
Feel free to call or email with any questions! Thank you in advance!
*** Update: As of 11/21/22, we are only about halfway to our goal! There are only 10 days left in the food drive!
Melissa Boylan MD, FAAFP
Family Physician and Owner of Noreta Family Medicine